Homemade Facial Mask
Today’s cosmetic counters are flooded with countless facial masks; masks that cleanse, masks that nourish, masks for the young, masks for the old, masks for dry skin, masks for oily skin, masks for normal skin, and so on and on and on. So, with so many available masks why am I here to suggest that you make your own cosmetic facial mask? That’s easy. The reason I suggest that you make your own cosmetic facial mask is due to the fact that it is easy, it will always be fresh without additives or preservatives and it is much more economical. Furthermore, chances are that your kitchen is already stocked with the ingredients and tools that you need for the process, so there will be no need to go out shopping. And one more issue that is always a decisive factor for me and it may be for you as well; you always know exactly what has gone into the mask you make yourself, whose hands have touched it, and whether or not it was prepared under the same hygienic conditions that you personally approve of.
Having said all that I did so far, it is my turn to ask you a question. Why not treat yourself to a homemade facial mask? It’s a facial indulgence you will enjoy and it will leave your face moisturized, exfoliated, and glowing with health. Try it once and you will, no doubt, be hooked for life.
Let us take a look at a few of my favorite homemade facial masks:
1. Honey and Avocado Face Mask. Is your skin dry? Exfoliate, cleanse and moisturize it with the following nourishing products:
– 60 grams of ripe avocado flesh
– 25 grams of fresh orange juice
– 5 grams of pure acacia honey
– 5 grams of molasses
– 5 drops of chamomile essential oil
Combine all the ingredients by hand or a blender. Add more orange juice if the mixture is too thick and, using your fingers, apply to your face and neck. Leave it on for at least 30 minutes and then rinse off with warm water.
2. Oatmeal Face Mask. This face mask will not only purify your skin but it will also give you a sense of peace and relaxation.
– 1/2 cup of oatmeal
– 1 whole smashed ripe avocado
– 1/3 cup of pure honey
Mix mashed avocado with honey and continuously add the oatmeal. Apply to your face and neck and leave on for 15 minutes before washing it off with warm water.
3. Peel-Off Mask Recipe. This mask will peel off your blackheads and possibly your whiteheads as well. If you have “sensitive” skin, rinse it off instead of peeling and do not use it in the midst of an acne flare-up.
– 1 tablespoon of unflavored gelatin
– 1 ½ tablespoons of cold milk
– 1 egg white
– Vitamin E Oil (from a capsule or a bottle)
Mix the unflavored gelatin with the cold milk over a very low flame until it melts. Remove from the flame and set it aside to cool. Add the egg white and mix until it becomes smooth and let it cool further. Apply a thin layer over your entire face, omitting the tender skin around your eyes. Wait for it to dry for approximately 30 minutes and peel off gently. Then rinse your face with lukewarm water and apply the vitamin E oil.